Skip to content
- version 21.8.8 (08/27/2021)
- the race definition has been modified as follows:
the setting Interval starts (Yes/No) has been removed
the setting Start type has been added, which takes the following values:
- Mass start – works as before with the Interval starts flag unchecked. This option does not offer the choice of displaying a column with the start time of each racer, as they all have the same
- Interval start – works as before with the Interval starts flag checked. So it will allow each competitor to add a time delay from a common start, and also show an option to display a column with the start time of each racer
- Start by Chip – works by covertly adding a user-unseen segment like Pause with a minimum time of 0s and a setting to record the last pass. It will also allow the choice of displaying a column with the start time of each racer. In case of displaying the Total Time column, the total time will be displayed without the times in the Pause type segments
- Mass and Chip Start – it is designed for races with mass start, where the official time is the difference of the finish time and the common start time, but at the same time it is required to display the so-called Chip Time in the results – i.e. the difference of the finish time and the time when the racer left the start. If the option Start by Chip is used, there is a risk that the chip of the racer at the start is not recorded at all (due to the large number of racers in the finish area, and their possible mutual shadowing) and the next chip record would be evaluated as his/her start. In order to eliminate this and also to allow the display of the Chip i.e. unofficial time, this type of start was created. In this variant, a user-invisible Pause type segment with a minimum time of 0s and a setting to record the last pass is added covertly, but at the same time the common start time is recorded in this section. So if there is no chip entry at the start, the start time of that racer will coincide with the common start and his entry that comes after the minimum time of the next segment will be recorded in that section, not as his/her start time. In this option, if you choose to display the total time column, two columns of total times will be displayed – Chip Time (unofficial) and Total Time (official). The Chip Time does not contain the delay from the Pause type segments, whereas the Total (Official Time) does.
- the editing of the race definition has been modified – the original Settings tab has been split into two tabs – Racer Settings, which specifies what columns and data are filled in on the racers of a given race. And the Results Settings tab, where the properties for the race results are defined. That is, what columns the race results will contain, what type of start will be used, and how individual results will be sent to racers when they complete the race.
- the ability to send (and therefore test) a test email or SMS message before saving the settings has been added to Messaging configuration